绿卡申请推荐信样本之二

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-7-15 06:53:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
May 4, 2007

Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security

Re: Dr. ’s Immigrant Petition as an Alien of Extraordinary Ability

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing this letter in support of Dr. ’s immigrant petition as an alien of extraordinary ability in the sciences. I am a professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at University, where I am Principal Investigator or Co-Investigator for two Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency grants, one Army Research Office grant and one National Science Foundation grant, in the area of wide band gap semiconductors and have published over 40 papers in this area. I have also attracted substantial industrial research funding in this area. *** University is recognized as one of the premier places in the United States for the study of wide band gap semiconductors. World class research is routinely performed at to advance the state of the art of wide band gap semiconductors. I am also the founder of a software company that has had up to 60 employees, and successfully launched 6 products. I am also a former nuclear trained submarine officer and am presently a LCDR in the Navy Reserve where I serve as the Executive Officer of . The purpose of this unit is to act as a liaison between the national labs and the Fleet. With the above background in addition to being an expert in wide band gap semiconductors I am also considered an expert in technology transfer. For your reference, I have attached a copy of my resume/curriculum vitae and list of publications.

Dr. is a star of extraordinary ability in the area of programmable lithography which has potential to revolutionize the way computer chips are made. Over the past year I have had the opportunity to closely observe Dr. in my laboratory as we have collaborated on a project funded by his employer. Thus I feel I can comment on his extraordinary abilities very accurately, and can enthusiastically endorse this petition as an extraordinary scientist without reservation in the field of programmable photolithography. The collaboration between Dr. and my laboratory has been a very productive relationship that has resulted in the invention of novel optical devices to advance the field of programmable lithography. He has superb technical background and his insight into the physics of how these potentially very important devices work has been exceptionally valuable. He clearly stands head and shoulders above his peers in technical ability and should be recognized as an extraordinary scientist in the field of programmable lithograph.

Dr. is truly one of a small percentage of individuals who have risen to the very top of the programmable photolithography field. I have reached this conclusion on the basis of close observation of his work and by the careful consideration of the following. Dr. is a young scientist and by working in industry after the completion of his degree he has not had the opportunity to publish large numbers of academic papers, nonetheless, his academic activities are impressive. His academic talent has been recognized from an early age and he has been the recipient of numerous scholarships and fellowships both in China and the U.S. He is author or coauthor of eight scientific publications and as a student participated in a laboratory that has made substantial contributions to the field of superconductivity and spin devices. In recognition of these achievements he received a special fellowship from DARPA to present his results to an international conference. He has been active in a number of professional organizations related to the field of programmable lithography, including the Materials Research Society, the American Physical Society, and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. His scientific work is receiving recognition by fellow scientists by being widely cited in the literature. I would like to specifically focus on Dr. ’s exceptional contributions to the field of programmable lithography which has resulted in the patent application “Bragg Modulator” field co-jointly between NC State and Corporation, and the patent application “Methods for Building Programmable Masks”. These patent applications will result in a substantial advancement for the field of programmable photolithography. This will potentially lower the cost of fabricating computer chips by a substantial percentage, thus potentially could have large impact on the U.S. economy. It also potentially provides a route to perform nanolithography with light. The importance of nanoscience is such that the US government has made it a major research focus. As such Dr. ’s contributions in this area are very important and merit the term extraordinary. As stated earlier I enthusiastically endorse this petition as an extraordinary scientist in the field of programmable lithography without reservation. I strongly urge the approval of his immigrant petition as Dr. ’s presence in the United States will constitute an invaluable asset to the field of programmable photolithography. Dr. is playing a vital role in the development of this cutting edge technology which has the potential to revolutionize the manufacture of computer chips. Dr. is truly a pioneer in this important area that has potential to revolutionize the production of integrated circuits and significantly impact those with which they are made. Should you have any further questions about Dr. ’s petition, please contact me.

Sincerely,
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|妈咪派

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 16:29 , Processed in 0.015730 second(s), 19 queries .